Our Picks
    What's Hot

    Money Matters In Communities

    If you are struggling to make ends meet, losing sleep thinking how to pay your bills or simply want to know of ways to save money, please contact us. let one of our friendly team know by completing the self-referral form and we will see how we can help

    Call on 07405499881 or email office@mytoncommunitycollege.org.uk

    Tailored Financial Education Courses

    We are developing financial inclusion courses to a number of clients groups and Organisations, courses for the Youth Workers, Young People, and Parent groups.

    If you would like to attend one of our Financial Inclusion courses or have a group of a community or workers you would like us to provide training please click here

    Household Support Fund

    The Household Support Fund was launched by the government in October 2021 to March 2024. At first it was due to last for six months but it has been extended several times so that it is now due to last until 31 March 2024.

    It is intended to help vulnerable households with essential costs such as food, energy bills, water bills and other essentials. Help with housing costs may also be available in cases of emergency.

    the money is being distributed by local authorities through Organisation like ours. We have been trained and are Trusted Tutors distributing the £90, so so that struggling families can use the money where is it most needed. Contact Myton Community College, +447405499881 to find out whether you are eligible.

    Cost of Living Crisis

    Everything has gone up – we’d like to help lighten the load

    Find out what support Money Matters can offer you in response to the cost of living crisis.

    Cost of Living | Hull

    Support with energy

    We may be able to top up your energy meters if you are experiencing financial hardship. Contact the team to find out more.

    Help with shopping

    We never want you to choose between paying your rent or eating. If you are finding it difficult to pay for shopping due to financial hardship, contact the team to find out more.

    Keeping warm

    Sometimes, we just need a little extra warmth in our homes. If you are finding it difficult to keep warm this winter, we may be able to provide you with new duvets and blankets to help. We can also assist with the purchase of winter boots, coats, hats and scarves.

    Managing your money

    Find out about how you can manage your money.

    Bank Accounts

    Having access to a bank account is important. The Money Advice Service website have lots of useful links to help you find a suitable bank account: https://www.moneyhelper.org.uk/en/everyday-money/banking/basic-bank-accounts?source=mas#

    Savings Accounts

    Sometimes, it feels Impossible to save money. Hull Credit Union & East Yorkshire have several schemes that may help you save just a small amount per month.


    Save from a minimum of £1 per week. Follow this link to find out more

    Budget Planner

    Having a budget planner can be really useful. It can help you plan not only your monthly income but also help factor in extras such as school uniforms, birthdays or Christmas:  https://www.moneyhelper.org.uk/en/everyday-money/budgeting/budget-planner

    Help with debts

    Dealing with debts can be very stressful and you may feel alone and overwhelmed with this. There are organisations that can help you and support you.

    Get professional help and advice for your debts

    There are several potential options that may be available to you, depending on your situation:

    Debt Relief Order
    Debt Management Plan
    Breathing Space

    As a starting point, the following organisations can advise you on the best action to help alleviate the stress and worry. If you would prefer support with this, please contact our Money Matters team who will be happy to support.

    Stepchange: www.stepchange.org/start, or call them on 0113 138 1111 Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-4pm.

    PayPlan: www.payplan.com/, or call them on 0800 280 2816 Mon – Fri 8am – 8pm, Sat 9am – 3pm

    Citizen’s Advice offers confidential advice online, over the phone, and in person, for free. To find your local Citizens Advice please go their website at www.citizensadvice.org.uk


    If you are struggling to manage your utility bills, you may some useful information here.

    Winter Fuel Payments

    If you are of pension age, you may be entitled to between £250 & £600 to help with heating costs over winter. Follow this link to find out more: https://www.gov.uk/winter-fuel-payment

    Warm Home Discount

    In November 2022, the Warm Home Scheme will reopen. This could entitle you to £140 off your electric bill if you are in receipt of the Guaranteed Credit Element of Pension Credit or are on a low-income. Follow this link to find out more: https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme

    Cold Weather Payment

    If you are on certain benefits, you may be entitled to the Cold weather Payment if the temperature in your area is recorded as, or forecast to be, zero degrees Celsius over 7 consecutive days. You could receive £25 for each 7 day period. Follow this link to find out more: https://www.gov.uk/cold-weather-payment

    Registering with your energy supplier

    It is important that you register with your energy supplier.
    You can register online for accounts or by calling the supplier directly and providing the meter readings taken on sign-up.
    You can compare your supplier on the following websites

    Help with rent arrears, bedroom tax or moving costs

    Hull City Council can assist with additional payments to housing costs. You may be able to get assistance with: bedroom tax; rent arrears; rent deposit or rent in advance.

    Discretionary Housing Payment

    Follow this link to find out more, or to apply:  Discretionary Housing Payment | Hull

    The Money Matters team @ Myton Community College can help you apply should you need this.


    If you are currently in receipt of a Welfare Benefit that isn’t Universal Credit, you may not know that the DWP will transfer everyone across to Universal Credit between November 2022 and late 2026.

    If you would like any advice about this, or would like support moving over to Universal Credit, Money Matters can help you with this.

    Find out more about applying for Universal Credit, State Pension, Pension Credit and PIP.

    Benefits Calculator

    Use this helpful calculator to see if you could maximise your income: https://www.entitledto.co.uk/

    Universal Credit

    Money Matters can help you apply for Universal Credit. If you would like to apply yourself, follow this link: https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit/how-to-claim

    If you are unable to apply online for Universal credit, we can assist you with making a telephone claim: call Martin 07405499881 for support with this.

    State Pension

    Did you know that you will not automatically get your State Pension, you have to apply for it? You should receive a letter 2 months before you reach State Pension age telling you what to do.

    If you have not received a letter, you must contact the Pension Service as soon as possible on 0800 731 7898, or visit them at https://www.gov.uk/get-state-pension

    Pension Credit

    If your weekly income is £201.05 if you’re single, or £306.85 if you have a partner, you may be eligible for Pension Credit.

    If you need any help with State Pension or Pension Credit, the Money Matters team can support you with this.


    Personal Independence Payment (PI) can help with extra income to support you if you have a long-term mental or physical illness. To apply, you need to call: 0800 917 2222 for an application form.

    If you need help with this. Money Matters can signpost you to a local service that will assist with the PIP application.

    Child Benefit

    You can claim child benefit as soon as you have registered the birth of your child, or as soon as they come to officially live with you. To apply, follow this link: https://www.gov.uk/child-benefit/how-to-claim or call: 0300 200 3100

    Registering with Council tax & Support available

    Did you know that you can get certain deductions on your council tax bill and in some cases, you can receive a 100% reduction depending on your circumstances.

    It is vital that you register and pay your council tax. Failure to do so could result in a prison sentence.

    Council Tax Reduction & Exemptions

    If you need any support with your council tax reduction application, please contact the Money Matters team or follow this link for more information:

    You may find the links below useful if you are looking to see if you are eligible for a reduction.

    Discounts | Council Tax exemptions | Hull
    Council Tax discounts and disregards | Hull
    Apply for Council Tax Reduction – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
    Council Tax Discretionary Reductions | Hull
    Council Tax disabled relief – Hull City Council

    Yorkshire Water

    It is vital that you register with Yorkshire Water promptly to avoid going into debt.

    You can register online or via their contact number. https://www.yorkshirewater.com/bill-account/moving/ 0345 124 2424

    Yorkshire Water also has support schemes available to customers who are eligible.



    We understand that furnishing your home can be tough and support is available. You may find some useful links below in helping you furnish your home.

    Hull City Council assisted furniture purchase scheme

    Immediate financial help | Hull



    Facebook Marketplace
    Charity shops such as British Heart Foundation

    Change of address

    If you have recently moved home then we recommend that you notify change your address to the following providers:

    Your old energy supplier and providing up-to-date meter readings.

    Doctors Surgery
    Benefits office
    DVLA (if applicable)
    Car Insurance (if applicable)
    Yorkshire Water
    Council Tax (to be notified of the date you vaca­­­­­ted your previous property)
    Schools (if applicable)

    Healthy Start Vouchers

    Did you know that you can get help with the cost of baby milk, infant milk, fruits and vegetables?

    Healthy Start Vouchers

    If you are on certain benefits and are at least 10 weeks pregnant or have t least one child under the age of 4, you may be entitled to Healthy Start Vouchers. To find out more, click here: https://www.healthystart.nhs.uk/

    Money Matters Referral Form

    Are you struggling with your rent, debts or being able to pay your bills, or are you experiencing financial hardship? We can provide advice and support with:

    • Welfare benefits
    • Income maximisation
    • Budgeting
    • Utilities
    • Debt management

    We are here to provide help and support you during difficult times. However, If we can not help then we will try and find someone that can.

    Please complete the referral form below and an officer from the Myton Community College – Money Matters Team will be in touch:

    Contact Details

    Myton Community College
    79 Lindsay Place. Arcon Drive, HU4 6AF, Kingston Upon Hull
    Email: office@mytoncommunitycollege.org.uk, 07405499881

    Important links

    1. Modern Slavery Statement
    2. Investors
    3. Privacy Notice / Cookie Policy
    4. CORE Privacy Notice for all tenants
    5. Sitemap
    6. Policy Documents

    Follow us in face book and Twitter

    Myton Community College © 2024